A while ago we sat with Deyemi Okanlawon. The stellar actor who has received praise for his roles in movies & series like King of Boys: Return of the King, Gidi-Up, Omo Ghetto: The Saga & much more has been on our radar for a while now. And for our Entertainment Exclusive for the hit series by EbonyLife Studios, Castle & Castle Season 2, we had a chat with 2 members of the cast.
Deyemi plays ‘Kwabena Mills’ a Ghanaian Lawyer with a taste for justice, the fast life and women. In our exclusive, we got to see beyond his infectious megawatt smile.
5 things you didn’t know about Deyemi
- Deyemi sold cakes & bread while on Campus. Collecting bread & cakes from his mother on credit, Deyemi would resell them to make money while in school. We’d like to think this sparked his entrepreneurial spirit.
- Deyemi believes more attention needs to be paid to male children. having gone through a few hard experiences as a young boy, he encourages more parents & guardians to keep a watchful eye on their boys & young men.
- He has never been on a magazine cover. Apart from ours & his group cover with the KOB cast for This Day Style, he prefers to stay away from magazine covers. He believes they are too important to be done flippantly. And he’d rather do things differently and not be one of the flock.
- Apparently, Deyemi has been acting since as early as 5 years old and joined the drama group of his fellowship in the university.
- Before officially kicking off his acting career, Deyemi worked with the Silverbird Film distribution, where he went from the Marketing Manager to head the Nollywood & Independent Movies account.
Watch his interview with TW Magazine below!