10 Things You Didn’t Know About GTBank’s 1st Female Managing Director – Miriam Olusanya
Miriam Olusanya has made history as the first Managing Director of Guarantee Trust Bank. The Board of Directors of Guaranty Trust Holding Company Plc (GTCO) appointed Miriam as the MD of GTBank Limited and its subsidiary.
To celebrate this amazing feat, we dug up some phenomenal facts about Miriam Olusanya we don’t think you know.
Here they are;
1. Miriam joined GTBank as an executive Trainee in 1998 and rose through the ranks to the present position she occupies. She was formerly the Group Treasurer and Head of Wholesale Banking.
2. She obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from the prestigious University of Ibadan. She further proceeded to the University of Liverpool where she obtained an MBA in Finance and Accounting. Additionally, she enrolled in various executive programmes at institutions such as Cranfield School of Management.
3. Miriam Olusanya is an accomplished banker with over 21 years of experience in corporate finance, treasury, assets and liability management and wholesale banking.
4. In 2006, she led the team that secured the appointment of the Bank as a Primary Dealer/ Market Maker in Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) Bonds with the Debt Management Office (DMO).
5. She is the first female Managing Director in the history of GTBank, and the fifth woman to be appointed as M.D in any commercial bank in Nigeria. Other women that have attained this envious height include; Yemisi Edun (FCMB), Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe (Fidelity Bank), Oluwatomi Somefun (Unity Bank), Ireti Samuel-Ogbu (Citibank Nigeria Limited)
6. Miriam is currently separated from her husband, Olusanya Abiodun. The financial guru filed for a divorce from her estranged husband.
7. Prior to her recent appointment, she served on the Board of GTBank (Gambia) as a Non-Executive Director.
8. According to various sources, Miriam is slightly above 45 years of age.
9. In her divorce application, Miriam filed to withdraw her ownership of an investment company registered in Georgina, USA with the name ‘KO &C Investments’
10. Prior to joining GTBank, Miriam had a short stint with SmithKline Beecham Nigeria (now known as GlaxoSmithKline-GSK).