The internet was agog last week when news broke about Aisha Ahmad’s nomination as the Deputy Governor of CBN. The fact that she was nominated by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is a feat in itself. (Right here would be where I insert the clapping hands emoji.)
Talk about beauty with brains.
For those of you who do not know who this amazing woman is, we have pulled out a few quick facts for you.
Read and be inspired!
- Aishah Ahmad was born on October 26, 1976, and hails from Niger State. According to her profile in the most recent annual report of Diamond Bank, Aishah Ahmad was the Head, Consumer and Privilege Banking at the Bank. She was previously the Head, Retail Banking Directorate.
- She joined Diamond Bank in June 2014 as a Deputy General Manager and the Head, Retail Financial Services Division, overseeing Privilege Banking, Consumer Banking Group, Retail Assets, Cards and Customer Engagement & Insight.
- Prior to joining Diamond Bank, Aishah worked with Stanbic IBTC Holdings where she served in various capacities as Head, High Net-worth Individuals, Head, Private Client Services and Deputy Head, Private Client Services between 2009 – 2014.
- She had also worked with other companies such as Zenith Capital Limited as Head, Business Development, Bank of New York Mellon (UK), Synesix Financial Limited (UK), Zenith Bank Plc as Head, Retail Banking Unit, and NAL Bank Plc as Head, Private Banking. She also worked with First Interstate Bank Plc as Executive Assistant, Treasury Group, Manstructs Group Nigeria Limited as Group Accountant and Z. O. Ososanya& Co.
- She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the University of Abuja, an MBA (Finance) from the University of Lagos and a M.Sc. Finance and Management from the Cranﬁeld School of Management (UK). She is a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) and she holds the prestigious Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
- Mrs Ahmad is currently an Executive Director at Diamond Bank Plc. She is currently the Chairperson of Women in Business and Public Service (WIMBIZ) and a board member of the SOS Children’s hospital. Aishah is renowned for her experience in the private banking space having managed many High Net-worth Individuals (HNI’s) throughout her career.
- She is married to Brigadier General Abdallah A Ahmad (rtd) and has two kids.
Congratulations Mrs Ahmad.
Keep shattering those glass ceilings!
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Get notified about exclusive offers every week!