Aayanfe Creations is an African Fashion Enthusiast brand that uses adire fabric to create beautiful and timeless designs infused with cultural memories.
The brand started in the year 2015 and went fully into Business in May 2020. The goal is to be the largest producer and distributor of Adire in the world, create more platforms for active participation of youth in the adire industry and change the narrative of adire from fabrics to other creatives like adire rug, wallpaper, chair, etc.
With a mission to create timeless cultural memories with adire patterns, designs and prints at a glance and move forward with that agenda, they are set to host the largest gathering of adire stakeholders in the world – the Adire Festival on the 10th December at The Banquet Hall, Conference Hotel, Oke Mosan, Abeokuta.
The Adire Festival will host all the stakeholders in the Adire Industry, from the dye makers to the fabric weavers, to the fashion designers, batik makers, adire makers, fashion stylists, users of adire and lovers of adire, art and culture.
The Festival aims to achieve the following;
• To celebrate African heritage and culture through adire fashion.
• To unite all Adire stakeholders and encourage collaboration.
• To encourage the participation of youth in the adire business which would encourage creativity and infusion of technology.
• To change the narrative of adire from fabrics alone to other creative materials like adire wallpaper, rug, chairs, curtains etc.
The Adire Festival also focuses on increasing the GDP of the African continents by providing more job opportunities and providing export opportunities for youth in the Adire Business.
The event agenda includes;
• Panel sessions on the traditional adire and modern-day adire
• What can be done going forward to embrace global attention?
• Trainings on batiks and Adire making
• Fashion show to cap the event
The keynote speaker for the maiden edition of The Adire Festival is Princess Aderonke Ademiluyi, the CEO of African Fashion Week and the COO of Adire Oodua Hub.
The festival will also host special appearances of Royal Fathers, US consulate representatives, government officials, Africans in diaspora, exhibitors, and fashion designers.
The maiden edition of The Adire Festival is in partnership with the US Department of State, International Visitors Leadership Program (IVLP), the YD company, The Borderless Trade Network and many more to be announced.
To register to attend The Adire Festival, click on the link below
To register for exhibition and fashion show, please click on the link below