If you’re craving some delicious bread and looking for a bread rolls recipe to try, you’re not alone. That’s why we were exceptionally happy to see Sisi Yemmie sharing one.
Light, fluffy, soft and easy to make are some of the qualities we look for in a bread rolls recipe, and Sisi Yemmie delivers. With just a few ingredients, she’s giving us her secret to great bread and we’re already by the oven.
Here’s what you’ll need;
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley (optional)
She also shared a quick breakdown of how to make the bread rolls. to bake, follow along;
- Add Milk, Yeast and Sugar to a bowl, mix to combine. Also, add egg and mix.
- Sift flour and add to the bowl, mix with a strong spatula till well combined.
- Add butter, salt, garlic powder, parsley and mix the dough for about 5 minutes till it no longer sticks to the bowl. Roll into a ball and cover with cling film. Let it rest for 1 hour +45 minutes (or till it doubles in size)
- Sprinkle flour to clean surface, transfer the dough and just fold it in back to a ball.
- Cut into 8 Pieces, fold the dough into itself then roll on your palm or clean surface to smooth.
- Transfer to a baking tray and cover for another 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, rub some egg wash on it, then transfer to the preheated oven.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees F for 20 Minutes (till top is slightly browned) Immediately Dinner Roll is out, rub butter on it to make it soft and glossy.