Maybe These Millionaire Morning Habits are about to change your life for the better!
We all know how Monday mornings can be. You wake up and it’s almost like your To-Do list and unread e-mails had babies. Notifications, ‘Please Treat as Urgent’ e-mails, Zoom meeting notifications, “Gentle Reminders” are all staring at you and you haven’t even brushed your teeth. Waking up to such chaos can easily set a bad tone for the rest of your day. Let’s not forget, how you start your day determines its success or failure.
So here’s what we’re going to do. We, you and us, are going to come up with a plan to ensure this day’s & eventually, week’s productivity. This week has got to be better than the last. How? With Patricia Bright of The Break‘s tips to having perfect mornings & being more productive.
We love how Patricia described it. Imagine if your hours were money in the bank and you have them heaped up in your day. Would you be willing to give half of that money to social media, lazying about, binging Netflix etc. We’re guessing the answer is ‘No”. So, today we’re sharing some amazing Millionaire Morning Habits you need to adopt for a more successful week that helps you be more productive & successful.
Patricia breaks down these habits and we must say, they are very insightful. Here are some nuggets we grabbed;
- Get sunlight as soon as you can. Natural light greatly affects our Seratonin levels – which are credited for affecting our mood. So when your Seratonin levels are balanced you’ll be more focused, emotionally stable, happier & calmer. However, when it’s off-balance, you’ll notice you’re getting more emotionally unbalanced and stressed.
- It’s time to let go of that iPhone alarm sound that even dogs in the Serengetti can hear. When you set your alarm to a ‘harsh’ tone, it can easily raise your stress levels and even give you palpitations. Patricia recommends the Sleep Cycle App which is designed to work with your natural sleep pattern. This app recognizes when you’re lightly sleeping or coming out of REM sleep, which is the best time to wake you up. Plus, it does it with calming music that progressively gets louder so you don’t feel like your heart is at the Olympics gunning for Gold.
- Yes, dear, having a plan is important. Before you go to bed, write down at least 3 – 5 goals you need to get done the next day. It helps you focus and feel more organized as you take on your day. You can take it a step further by noting some key moves you need to make to ensure the tasks are done.
- Create a Morning Routine that simplifies your day. This means that the night before, set up for the next day. How about you put a glass of water near your bed so you’re hydrated, prepare your affirmations or meditation quotes for the day, lay out your exercise clothes where you can easily find them etc. Doing these consistently will form a habit that can set you up for success every day, and eventually for the rest of your life. And yes, you need to review this routine as your life evolves.
- This point is largely overlooked but is very important. Put your phone away. We’re not trying to help you save data but to save your mind. Waking up and launching Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat or Facebook immediately is not the best move. Why? During the first hour of your consciousness, your brain is very impressionable. Whatever you expose it too will affect ALL its decision making throughout the day. So, praying, saying declarations, meditating on affirmations, telling it what you want it to do & achieve for that day is highly important.
There’s more where these came from. Watch Patricia’s video below;