Since her return to Nigeria in 2013, she has graced our TV screens and she shows no signs of stopping anytime soon. You probably know her as the eloquent, beautiful and ever smiling co host of MTN Project Fame or one of the ladies from Moments on Ebonylife TV, or the host of On The Red Carpet With Bolinto. Whatever the case may be, the beautiful and talented Bolanle Olukanni is our woman crush for the week.
Bolinto as she is fondly called is not your average media personality. The budding actress who made her acting debut this year on the highly acclaimed movie Isoken, is joining the cast of MTV Shuga Nigeria and we are so thrilled.
In celebration of her wins, we are giving you five things you probably didn’t know about the talented Bolanle.
- Bolanle was raised in four different countries: Nigeria, Israel, Kenya and America. She moved back to Nigeria after her University education and decided to settle here in her home country, with the sole purpose of contribution her quota to the development of Nigeria
- She graduated with honors from Loyola University Chicago with a BA in Communication and International studies.
- Her first gig after returning home was Moments with Mo. She was selected over 400 hopefuls, and still hosts the show now known as Moments, alongside two other ladies Toke Makinwa and Tallulah Doherty.
- Bolanle loves to give back and she’s passionate about empowerment. During her service year in Ekiti, she and a fellow corp. member started a gender based empowerment programme for secondary school students called “Girls For The Future”. At the moment, she is on the board of Self Worth Ogranization, an NGO that provides empowerment and skill acquisition training for single mothers and widows.
- Even though she is a public figure, Bolinto is an introvert and a homebody. She enjoys reading a good book and sharing her thoughts on twitter.
Do you love Bolinto?
Let us know why in the comments section below!
Photo Credit: Bolanle Olukanni Instagram – @bolanle